Well I'm back after a lot of chaos, drama, and of course the busy holidays! Well I am going to sum it all up since I have a trillion posts to do over the next week.
My kids were both sick nonstop over the last couple of months! They missed a month and a half of MDO! Madeline along with the whole family got Gastroenteritis. That includes several days of vomiting, diarrhea, body aches and no appetite. It is good for those few pounds you might want to lose. LOL. We all got through it fine without complications except for Madeline. She ended up throwing up bile, getting dehydrated, and wasn't able to stand on her legs because they were hurting so bad. I called the ER and they said there was an 8 hour wait! So Mike & I called our friend who is an ER doctor (he lives down the street) to help us out! We put her on Zofran, tried to give her lots of fluids, and Tylenol for the aches and pain. It worked but was a very long process! So after she recovered from that she developed Croup! Nice, here we go again. Can't we all just be healthy? No we can't, so Pierson seemed to get sick again, and then it was on to the next illness. Pneumonia! Madeline then was treated for Pneumonia and so once again we all got sick! This went on forever! So finally after all this, Pierson decides to sleep 19 hour stretches at night and so I would have to eventually wake him up. He did this for 2 weeks! I called my Pedi, and she told me to bring him in for tests. So we made a trip up there for blood work, then we were sent to the Lab across the street for an arterial stick and more tests. Which was awful. Three of us had to hold him down while he fought and screamed, and then after that we had to go to the hospital for xrays! That wasn't much better. The conclusion was nothing, he just likes to sleep. A few days later he is still sleeping that much and woke up and couldn't stand on his legs for about 45 minutes or so! That freaked me out, even though he had just woke up from a nap, and I thought maybe his legs were asleep! So I called the doctor a couple of days later seeing that it was Christmas Eve. SO she sent us to the ER, and I was there for 5 hours and they didn't do 1 thing. They said he was perfectly normal. That doesn't seem normal to me, but whatever. Since then his sleeping went back to normal which is still 14-15 hours at night. This winter has not been good to our family! Lets pray we can stay healthy for the remaining part of the winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Thank you for the birthday wishes :-) The 30's aren't so bad...I kinda think they're turning out to be better than my 20's!
Sounds like you had an eventful holiday season! Hopefully everyone is recovering and getting back to their usual selves!
Happy 2009! May it be a wonderful year for you & your sweet family!
I'm so glad you're back in the blogging world...I missed reading your posts, girl! Of course, I know how busy you were/are, so all is forgiven!! ;) We're due for a dinner asap...Talk to you soon!
Love ya,
Kelly
Post a Comment